Saturday, August 8, 2009

Checking In--Birthday Oopsy

Hey!


So, my birthday weekend totally killed my weight loss. I really didn't think I'd eaten that much but The Husband pointed out that a whole pint of Mission to Marzipan will kill any diet... He's so much smarter than me.


I've been as good as possible the last two weeks and I'm slowly getting back to where I was. Now it's time to get more serious about exercise. I got a Target gift card for my birthday, which I used for a yoga mat and Denise Austin DVD. I tried the DVD Sunday--holy crap, I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes.



In my defense, this DVD has a fat burning theme, so it's not your normal hold-the-pose kind of yoga. She moves fast and I just need to get used to the moves and the speed. I'm familiar with yoga so it's not completely foreign to me ~ I just need to practice. I didn't even look at the leg and abs portions of this thing... I gotta build up to that!


Did you ever see Backdraft? I think it's DeNiro who asks Donald Sutherland what he wants to do with the world and Sutherland replies, Burn it. Well, I just want to eat it. I don't know what it is that makes me want to eat constantly. I've learned to keep only fruit in the house and I'm sure I overindulge in that but it's better than crackers and other carbs and sweets... *struggle struggle*


Still waiting to hit that golden weight I haven't seen in months.


*sigh* Fighting the Good Fight!


No comments: