Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weight Watchers Sixteenth Week

Hey!

Today, I had a loss of .8 pounds. Yea! But I’m still .2 pounds away from the low I hit a few weeks ago. I’ve been a little less focused on weight loss lately because I’ve been struggling with a stomach problem that I think may be lactose intolerance. I’ve had tests for really bad things, like disintegrating organs, but all of that is fine. So I’m cutting back severely on dairy to see what I can tell the doctor when I see her again. You’d be amazed how many foods include milk and I didn’t realize how much cheese I eat…

Here’s what I had for lunch yesterday:


It’s one of those new Cranberry Apple Walnut salads at Carl’s Jr. Super Nom! Love all the things in the title, plus it had spinach. Really good! But, I did have to dig out the cheese before I dug in and fortunately, they’d lumped it all in one place. This morning, I forgot to eat before weighing in, so I had an Egg McMuffin, without the cheese, which also shaved a few points off the total, which is a Good Thing… Both of these meals replaced my usual frozen yogurt :-(

Cutting out dairy is making me eat healthier. So many of the snacks I like (cookies, cake, ice cream) have milk in them… So, I loaded up on fruit and sorbet, which said it may contain milk byproducts but didn’t have milk in the ingredients list… Something else that was helpful in my quest to reduce dairy is that apparently all labels now have to include a special list of things like milk, wheat, glutten and soy if they’re an ingredient so it’s easy for folks with those allergies/sensitivities to glean that info and slam it back on the shelf.

So, here’s to another week of tracking and eating right. I have a goal of losing three more pounds before Valentine’s Day, which is totally doable. I think I need to be working on small goals to keep myself focused during this weird tummy trouble.

Do what makes you happy!!

C’est la vie!

No comments: