Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mare's Journey Begins

Hey!

I'm going to start this personal journey by making a confession. The picture on my profile? Taken a long time ago when I was much thinner. I've struggled with my weight since my afterschool treat was white bread smeared with butter and dusted with sugar. I'm a Lifetime Weight Watcher twice over but I can't seem to get motivated right now. I either eat pretty well or exercise consistently, but never at the same time. The latest strategy--The Husband and I are walking again every night after Jeopardy and I'm trying to think of food as Fuel, not comfort or friendship or reward. This is really how I want to be treating eating for the rest of my life--I'm tired of being a slave to food. We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to be patient with myself but damn it, I want to fit into a certain flirty little skirt sometime soon!

Mare's Journey is the companion to my creative blog, Bear Chick's Journey. Hope you'll tune in to both once in a while to see where the journey's are taking me!

Bearchick.etsy.com

No comments: