Thursday, August 14, 2008

Paris or Bust!

Hey!

I want to go to Paris. Here’s some prophetic dialogue I just read yesterday in High Wizardry, by Diane Duane: “It’s like a spell. You have to say the words every time you want the results.” That puts me in mind of the Law of Attraction, the reason I recently started a Paris book. It’s a journal that I’m adhering all things Paris/France in, to keep Paris at the top of my mind. I once heard about someone who wished and wished to go to Paris and they ended up in Paris alright--Paris, Indiana! This book is very specifically Paris, France, so the universe will not be confused about where I want to go.


Here’s a partial list of things I want to do in Paris:


Walk everywhere!
Find the burial places of Heloise and Abelard
The Louvre
The Musee D’orsay
Attend an organ concert at Notre Dame on a Sunday afternoon
Flea Markets!
Cruise the Seine
Window shop on the Champs-Elysees and The Left Bank
Eat at sidewalk cafes
Musee National Picasso
Moulin Rouge
The National Library
Gargoyles!


Let’s see, have I forgotten anything??? Ah, The Eiffel Tower! I hear it’s expensive and you stand in line for hours to actually go into the structure and up to the top, so I will content myself to stand nearby and marvel. And if I happen to get up to the top, preferably at night, I’ll literally thank my lucky stars.


The Husband has been to Paris… He’s not a big city person… Every time I mention Paris, his shoulders droop… He will be as much a challenge as finding the means to get there in the first place… I am not deterred.


C’est la vie!

No comments: