Saturday, November 15, 2008

In the Thick of It

Hey!


Here’s what my neighborhood looked like this afternoon:







We’re in the middle of the Brea and Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills fires, literally. It’s kinda scary but I don’t think we’re in any danger. We’re miles away from the closest fire, which is Brea. The Husband came home early when I texted him one of these pictures. We’ve made a list of what we want to take (really, evacuation is such a long shot) if the worst happens. Of course, the cats top the list! Plus all the usual stuff, prescription drugs, etc. The Husband has identified two guitars he wants to take and me, I’ll grab all the finished jewelry and artwork, plus some of my own personal jewelry, the pieces with meaning.


When The Husband came home, he backed into the driveway, which is one of the major things you learn in the fire zone. We’re not really in a fire zone (we don’t live near a canyon or brushy area) but I know a lot of people in South OC who are and I have one friend in particular who’s a pro at prepping for evacuation, so we know the basics. But I never thought we’d have to seriously enact them. Which I really don’t think we’ll need to do now but we just want to be prepared. I was a Girl Scout, after all.


We know folks in Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills, though, and I’m praying that they and their houses and families are ok.

C’est la vie!




www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com

No comments: