Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Plea for Voting--Bring Your Brain With You!

Hey!

Ok, it's a little more than a month to that First Tuesday of November. I beg you, don't vote based only on TV commercials! Read your voters manuals. Understand the propositions. Break out the No Doze to stay awake and the magnifying glasses to read the fine print.


Remember, TV commercials are paid for by big money, who wants you to vote their way. Be aware of who is sponsoring commercials. QUESTION! If it sounds fishy, it probably is. If it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is. Don't let BIG MONEY influence the way you vote. Take some time out of your life to examine what you're voting for or against. Yeah, yeah, I know we can sometimes feel like what we want in this country/government/scheme of things just doesn't matter but it does. We are the architects of our government and if we continue to vote in yahoo's and laws that discriminate against citizens and put money in the pockets of the folks who need it, and certainly deserve it, the least, we're going to be in worse trouble than we are right now, and I don't think even a Republican can disagree about the shitheap we're in right now.


Make me proud, kids! Wear your I Voted sticker with pride. It's amazing how those stupid stickers make me tear up. I'm not one for big shows of nationalism or patriotism but knowing that I've participated in the system gets me all verklempt. What can I say? I'm an old Girl Scout who gets emotional when she votes and angry when she sees a flag flying in tatters.


C'est la vie!


No comments: