Thursday, January 1, 2009

Weight Loss and TV Obsession

Hey!

Well, along with everyone else, I want to lose weight. This morning, I brought the space heater into the bathroom, stripped down (don’t visualize or your eyes will pop out of your head and roll under the sofa!) and weighed myself. Perhaps you heard the screaming?? Measured myself, too. I’m a glutton for punishment. The plan now is to cut out sweets, as much for health reasons as calories. No, I don’t think I’m teetering on the edge of diabetes, but I don’t want to be either.

The Husband also is lamenting his non-beer belly and so will encourage not having junk food in the house. More exercise, less eating. Sounds easy, huh? Remains to be seen. I’m a great believer in being ready and I know I haven’t been ready to diet in the last year or two. In fact, I’ve been too willing to keep eating myself into stupors. So, we shall see. I promised my best friend, Zan, I’ll be wearing the too-small-but-shouldn’t-have-been t-shirt she gave me for Christmas by the time we take my mom to Vegas for her 75th birthday in April.




The Husband started watching NCIS in syndication on USA a few months ago and somehow I fell into the web of Naval CIS (I never remember what it stands for) and we both sit half the night watching it (me, making jewelry, naturally). It’s a good mix of characters, with some great plot twists. I like that the ever cute Mark Harmon plays a character that isn’t always likable but is always interesting. We both love Abby, the goth chick/genius of the crime lab. And adding Ilya Kuriaken (late of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.), David McCallum, is just a lovely bonus for a couple of Boomers like ourselves. Consequently, a lot of my “How long did it take to make that” references on my Etsy items include many episodes of NCIS!

C’est la vie!

www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com

No comments: