Sunday, May 3, 2009

The WW Alternative

Hey!

I am dismayed and need to go public with my weight. Normally, I would go to Weight Watchers at this point in my Scale Wars but, the economy being what it is and me not convinced that at some point soon I will not be going back to part time at the Dreaded Day Job, WW is in the Luxury column right now. So, this blog will have to do.

I am a comfort eater and a stress eater and just a joyous, fill my face with food eater, lately. And not much of an exerciser, either, lately. Consequently, I am 46 pounds overweight on a 4’10” frame. My movement is impaired, I get tired easily and I feel generally unhealthy.

So, dear readers, you will be subjected to a Bridget Jones-style diary of the adventures of Mare’s Weight Loss.

Here is my Goal Skirt:


This kicky little skirt is my fave in all the world. I usually wore it with white tights and deep orange suede boots, with a variety of tight tops. I don’t think I can get one thigh in it right now… I’ve hung it in the bedroom to see every day and night.


You wouldn’t think eating less and moving more would be so hard to do. My intentions have been good but obviously the voices are fighting me. The little voice that says, oh, eat. It’s ok. You walk out to the kitchen to get the food-that's burning calories. You’re good! And the other voices, the Girl Scout Cookies voice, saying eat the whole sleeve of Thin Mints. The McD’s voice, whispering The Big Mac isn’t really THAT big. The chorus of foodie voices from my pantry, chanting Eat Me, Eat Me! No earplugs will silence them.


Only my own inner motivation will enable me to ignore the voices, since they will never be silenced. At my thinnest, they were still a little buzz in the back of my brain.

So, welcome to Mare C’s Diary. Here’s what I’ll be reporting each day:


Weight to lose:
Calories consumed:
Minutes of Exercise:
Wins:
Losses:


Maybe this will encourage you to report on your recently unattainable goal, be it weight loss, carving out creative time for yourself, going back to school, whatever.


Here is one of my favorite quotes to get us started:


Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”.


C’est la vie!


www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com
www.bearchick.artfire.com

No comments: